Sydney has a huge population of people who are generally very conscious about fitness. Since, it is a modern city, people in the city too, have a very modern outlook, and keeping fit falls well in the agenda of people. A lot of people do possess slim bodies in their younger years. Then gradually with the busy schedules of life and activities, people also realize that in order to be in proper shape and maintain fitness, the need for working out is very important.
Some of the gyms that people can bank on for their fitness procedures are –
- Crunch – One of the moist affordable gyms in the city of Sydney, it packs a punch for those budget minded people. One does not even require a contract as such to visit this gym. It offers basic and yet, spacious gym facilities for most people around the city. However, one of the major things that Crunch is really associated with is high energy classes and also, workouts of the boot camp style.
- City Gym – While there are many gyms in Sydney that offer most of the very basic facilities to their members, which also happen to be predictable, City gym offers a rather different stance. It specializes in bodybuilding for both women and men. They have a circle of elite trainers who have been former champions actually and thus you will not be disappointed in their methods. They major emphasis is on weightlifting but there are also other classes that offer spin, yoga, kickfit, Zumba, Warrior, Body Attack, Tarzan and Pilates. So if you are among those seeking a gym for proper body building methods, this is the one for you.
- P.E. DEPT – Gyms may go in admitting a large number of people, but not this. They put a cap on the number of members in the gym. It is very frustrating for people to actually turn up and then wait to get a machine for the workout. This gym boasts of a very modern and spacious look. They offer numerous classes and exercises including cross fit, Tabata, box fit, TRX, etc. They also offer people with an off peak hour membership, which happens to be a lot cheaper than the others.
- Broadway Gym – The Broadway Gym is a rather traditional gym. It was established in the year 1975. John Terilli, who was a winner of the Professional Mr. Universe contest, actually started it. They offer exercise equipment and facilities, but not classes of any sort. The rates for membership also happen to be rather affordable consisting of bronze, silver and platinum levels. One also has the option to go for a free one day trial to check things out.
- Hiscoes Fitness Center – This happens to be a family run gym located in the Surry Hills. The emphasis here is rather on quality, and not quantity. Hiscoes is perhaps one of the only gyms in Sydney to offer squash courts to their members. Different types of classes are available to the members, and they also offer a massive seven days of free trials to check out the facility.
- Balmain Fitness – This is a locally owned gym in the city. They have a hassle free system of no contracts and no joining fees for people. The location was previously a large dockside foundry. It has roughly around 1500 square meters of space. Balmain Fitness offers a wide range of classes and world-class equipment to its users.
- Bounce Fitness – This fitness gym located in North Sydney is run by Sam Struthers and promises to help one get back into shape with a 28-day weight loss guarantee program. The facility also boasts of tennis, personal trainers, boot camps and a fitness gym. Its main focus lies on weight loss. It also caps the number of memberships to ensure the maintenance of quality service.
Sydney also has number of commercial or franchisee gyms. You can check out some of them.
- Fitness First – It is a middle tier gym which is present at five locations in Sydney CBD. This also belongs to a franchise gym chain, so every gym is actually a little different from the other. There is one on Bond Street that boats of a beauty center, a steam room and offers massage facilities. However, not all Fitness First locations provide these facilities. Some even have pools. You have the option call to see which one is near you. They all have a crèche and also excellent workout equipment and classes for their members.
- Jetts Gym – Jetts has adequate equipment and locations throughout the city, and also the suburbs. They offer a 3-day trial for interested members.
- Anytime Fitness – This is a 24 hour gym chain with very basic equipment. There is one located in Sydney proper and a few more in the outlying areas. Memberships are transferable between the clubs. However, they do not offer any kind of classes.
The list of gyms mentioned above are among the best in the city you can look forward to. Now get your membership and the fitness agenda rolling.